Setting WordPress Permalink with Kloxo and Lighttpd
When we use the kloxo control panel and choose Lighttpd as a web server, and then when we are going to use wordpress to build a website, then we will experience a 404 page not found when we use wordpress permalink facilities. Error 404 is caused by problems mod_write in lighttpd.
For me and you are concerned about SEO (Search Engine Optimization), then the permalink is an important thing for our website into a website such as the use of SEO friendly like /%category%/%postname%/.
So in order lighttpd web server can support the permalink wordpress then little is needed changes mod_rewrite in lighttpd as follows.
1. Login kloxo and into the Clients menu, select Client Name
2. On the Script menu, click Permalink
3. In the dropdown menu select Switch to Another choose WordPress blog that will be custom the permalink
4. In the Applicationdropdown menu select choose WordPress
5. In the dropdown menu Installed Path type / (slash)
6. Click Update to change each WordPress blog or Update All to change all in one work.
For those of you who put all the web is placed under the admin
1. Login as admin
2. Go to the menu Domains
3. Select Domain Name
4. Click the icon Permalinks
5. In the Application dropdown menu select WordPress
6. In the Installed Path dropdown menu type / (slash)
7. Click Update to change each WordPress blog or Update All to change all in one work.
You can also use other alternatives such as how to put forward our friend Simin
1. Login kloxo, go to the Clients menu, select Client Name
2. On the Script menu, click Lighttpd Rewrite Rule
3. In the Application dropdown menu select WordPress
4. Enter the following code in the box below:
url.rewrite-once = (
“^/(wp-.+).*/?” => “$0”,
“^/(sitemap.xml)” => “$0”,
“^/(xmlrpc.php)” => “$0”,
“^/keyword/([A-Za-z_0-9\-]+)/?$” => “/index.php?keyword=$1”,
“^/.*?(\?.*)?$” => “/index.php$1”
5. Click Update to change each WordPress blog or Update All to change all in one work.
Now go back and try to open your blog or article Subpage, now all the pages can be open again.
Note: Settings are very useful for the user permalink AGC / Auto Generated Content, if you let your blog can not be accessed after using Lighttp the index in search engines will be lost. Wholesale perfumes
Hopefully these tips help and you are no longer experiencing the problems associated with the wordpress permalink in kloxo using lighttpd as a web server.